Picking & Packing Orders
5 Logistics is a tech-enabled 3PL (third-party logistics company) that offers Omni-Channel fulfillment solutions. Picking & packing orders is our bread and butter. We fulfill all types of orders on behalf of our diverse customer base. We handle eCommerce orders from shopping cart platforms for direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands, merchant fulfilled or FBA-prep solutions for Amazon orders, and case fulfillment for business-to-business (B2B) transactions. Our clients manage their various order types through our online portal and have all vital order fulfillment information at their fingertips anytime they need it.
Benefits Of Order Fulfillment With 5 Logistics
- All DTC and eCommerce orders that are received into our system by 12pm MST get shipped out the same day to your customer. Orders are closed out instantaneously in the shopping cart.
- 5 Logistics assigns you a dedicated Account Manager to process your daily orders and to answer any questions you have regarding inbound or outbound shipments. They will also assist with any special projects you may need. No 1-800 numbers here, just genuine account support. We partner with our clients and work hard as a part of their team to fulfill valuable client orders.
- Our staff uses Zebra-certified scanners for picking & packing orders, and we verify down to the UPC barcode for accuracy purposes. Orders get a second set of scans during the QC pack-out process before they are shipped.
- You can provide your own packaging for us to fulfill orders with or you can purchase stock boxes from 5 Logistics on a per order basis. Branded tape paired with stock boxes is also a semi-customized packaging solution that we offer to our clients.
- Orders with specialized instructions or labels can be flagged in our online portal. We take pride in preparing “high-touch” orders that are important to our clients.
- All orders go through a QC process to ensure accuracy and eliminate mistakes in fulfillment.
- LTL shipments are prepared with corners, bands, “Do Not Stack” cones, etc. to ensure safe delivery to the consignee. Mixed pallet shipments are usually prepared and shipped within a 48hr timeframe.
How Order Fulfillment Works
If you have ever fulfilled your own orders, you’ll often find it can be much more complicated than it first appears. At 5 Logistics, we track your orders from the time the transaction is completed to when the order is tendered to the shipping carrier. Within our online portal, you can filter your orders by the fulfillment status and see if they have been processed, picked, and/or shipped. You can also quickly find shipping-related information such as weights, box count/dimensions, and carrier service level.
Our Account Managers will reach out on any orders that require further action. We treat your orders like our own orders. You can also make changes to orders within our online portal up until the time they are shipped. We offer multiple shipping mapping solutions and best-rate shipping options. The shipping cart portals automatically complete orders so you can easily send tracking information to customers shortly after the shipping label is created. We take the guesswork out of fulfillment and create an automated fulfillment loop for your orders.
Subscription programs create valuable recurring revenue and are quickly becoming a valuable part of many DTC retailers' daily order flow. At 5 Logistics, we create custom solutions to process your subscription orders so that we can perform any special handling that is required on these orders.
Some retailers prefer that subscription orders go in different packaging, get special marketing materials, etc. and we create fulfillment parameters to execute on all of these unique order characteristics. We also have the capability to change the shipping method on these orders if they need to have expedited shipping times for your customers.